SNR (convertion table for RSSI )

asattari at site.uottawa.ca asattari at site.uottawa.ca
Fri Jan 7 08:09:10 GMT 2005

Hello All,

I have to measure SNR (db), I have two Wieless PC cards. My problem is , I
do not have a convertion table to RSSI and the method to convert to dbm
for lucent Orinoco Gold card that I am using. Since each vendor has its
specific method and value for Max_RSSI , I am not able to calculate the
SNR from the values that I get from cat /proc/net/wirelss . For example i
got for Orinonco:
                                                                           link
level
noise
                                                                           57

219

161

Any one can help me in this issue.

I have no problem for conveting for my other card D-link, sinvce I have
the table for Atheros chipsets.

Regards,
Afsaneh