DWL900AP+ H/W C2 F/W 3.02 heat problem

John Arthur lists at davey.net.au
Sat Feb 21 01:31:07 GMT 2004

Hmm.. Are you assigning an IP address to the access point with DHCP or is it
staticly assigned?

I have a DWL-2000AP an it came with a static ip of 192.168.0.30. I switched
this to DHCP and from then on when ever I did any config changes with the
AirPlus Manager the unit lost all contact appeared to hang fo a substantial
length of time.

The reason is was simple the DHCP Client in the access point is poorly
written it does not remember the last IP it was assigned with DHCP and every
time it reboots (which is what happens when you apply config changes) the
DHCP client in the access point requests the last IP that was statically
assigned (192.168.0.30). This causes a substantial delay while the DHCP
server sends back NAK's to it's request. After a while the access point
realises that it cannot use the last address it was statically assigned and
askes the DHCP server for a new (dynamic) address and then starts working...

The work around is to switch to statically assign the same address that is
assigned with DHCP and then switch back to DHCP.