scanning support... Patch failed...

Vagner Sacramento vagner at lac.inf.puc-rio.br
Wed Sep 10 07:00:49 EST 2003

Hi,

  I'm a computer science student in Brazil and I'm using the patch (Orinoco
v0.13d patch) recommended by in this link to support scanning in Orinoco Card.

   http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhels/Linuxn/Tools.html

I compilled and installed the driver. I'm using linux wireless tools.
My problem is that the iwlist ethx scan always return that wireless link
quality is 192/92

iwlist ethx scan always return:
   quality link  192/92
Ex.:
#iwlist eth1 scan
eth1      Scan completed :
          Cell 01 - Address: 00:02:2D:A5:06:7D
                    ESSID:"LAC"
                    Mode:Master
                    Frequency:2.462GHz
                    Quality:192/92  Signal level:-38 dBm  Noise level:-90 dBm
                    Encryption key:on

could anybody please help me?

If is a driver bug, How can I resolv this?

Does anybody know the patch with scanning support to lastest version
orinoco-13e?

Regards,

Vagner