Australian Wireless Association AGM for 2003
craig at australianwireless.org
Mon Oct 20 09:43:46 EST 2003
The Australia Wireless Association will be having it's first AGM at 7pm on
Friday the 14th of November. The AGM will be held in Sydney, the with final
location to be announced on the 31st October.
The final agenda, meeting location details, and proxy voting form will be
released on Friday the 31st October, 2003.
The final list of nominees will be also released on the 31st of October.
Nominations are now open for the following positions:
Office Bearing Member Positions:
President - currently held by Mark Di Cristo
Vice President - currently held by Craig Mead
Treasurer - currently held by Steve Smithies
Secretary - currently held by Paul De Audney
Ordinary Member Positions on the Committee:
Technical Manager - currently held by Chris Martin
Public Relations Officer - currently held by Jamie Lovick
Marketing Manager - currently held by Chris Ryan
Human Resources Manager - currently held by Kent Williams
A copy of the nomination form can be downloaded from
- A motion to vote in new association rules that will allow commercial
entities to become members and be supported by the Australian Wireless
Association Inc., and other amendments to ensure we are inline with
- Future directions for the association. We would like to hear from you, the
member, on what directions you would like to see the association moving in.
Board member nomination and voting:
- A member can be nominated for multiple positions, however only one
position can be filled in accordance with the quoted clause:
"38.6 - While any Member may be nominated to more than one office or
position, no person shall be elected to more than one position. Ballots
shall be determined in the following order: for President, for Vice
President, for Secretary, and for Treasurer."
Please note that:
- You must be a member to nominate or be nominated.
- Nominations must be seconded by another member.
- You may nominate yourself.
- Nominations must be in the PO Box shown below, or sent to
paul.deaudney at australianwireless.org before 5pm Wednesday the 29th of
- Please confirm with the person you are nominating that they are willing to
accept the position and its related responsibilities if voted in.
- Voting is either done in person at the AGM, or by proxy vote.
- To vote, you must be a financial member of the AWA. You can join and vote
on the night of the AGM, if you wish.
- Any positions that aren't filled by nomination/vote will be allocated
later by the members of the new board.
- You may also vote a no-confidence vote if there is a single nomination for
Send your completed nomination form to:
GPO Box 2959
Sydney, NSW, 2001
If you have any questions about the AGM, please contact
askus at australianwireless.org
Regards, Craig Mead
Australian Wireless Association Inc
More information about the wireless