Good source of 2.4GHz directional antenna?

Haydn Lowe mrlowe at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 29 13:47:16 EST 2003

Thanks John,

Yeah Jason's design is great! I made a couple of these no worries. Maybe a bit
big for what I'm after. I haven't really had a chance to test them out
thoroughly though - the 150mm PVC for weather proofing makes it pretty big (and
$$ for big pvc bits) - any ideas on how you could weather proof it differently?

At the moment I've made stand alone biquads (Trevor Marshall et al) - which are
really nice and compact (and the parts are all really easy to source) - they
work fine for 800m but they're not really focussed, so I think I'll need
something which has a narrower beam to go 2 or 6 km... like the helicals, or
hills vagi, or a dish.

Just to diverge again - any ideas of a good box to weather proof a biquad
antenna (A cheap container which is going to last) I'm using a woolworths
tupperware container with rubber seals - $4, but not UV resistant - maybe I
could coat it, or paint it for UV protection?

Haydn