Hardware Required For 17kms?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Wed May 28 13:39:31 EST 2003

On Monday, 26 May 2003 at 20:05:38 +0930, Mick Collins wrote:
> Is there a possability for a wireless to reach this distance. Direct Line of
> site?

Line of sight :-)

Yes, it's possible.  I live 18 km from Mount Lofty tower, and I'm
discussing with Internode the possibility of setting up a link.

> I appologise for asking again but I lost the email becuase pc died.
> What kind of hardware would be applicable?

I don't know details yet.  If I do it, I'll probably get Internode to
suggest the hardware.  Where are you planning to set up the link?  A
lot depends on the exact terrain.  Thinks like large surfaces of water
and proximity to the ground make a difference.

Greg
--
Finger grog at lemis.com for PGP public key