DWL-520 woes

Lauchlin Wilkinson lauchlin_lists at intas.net.au
Mon May 5 12:47:27 EST 2003

Hi,

am having problems getting a DWL-520 to talk nicely with an Apple
Basestation running 40bit wep.  Under Windows I have no problems
setting the wep key using the hex values but when it comes to the
DWL-520 under linux using the wlanctl-ng config utility no matter what
I do it just dosen't want to use the correct key.  However I have
managed to get the DWL-520 to run in ad-hoc mode using 40bit wep with
an IBM laptop with a Avaya silver card running windows.  Basically I
think it is a problem with the algorithm the linux driver is trying to
set or something.  If anyone has a working config for the DWL-520
running under linux (preferably Debian) I'd greatly appreciate some
help as I've been hitting my head against this one for a while now.

Lauch