DWL-900AP+ External Mounting

Akash Heimlich akash at zeroplus.de
Wed Mar 26 02:15:34 EST 2003

Jason,

I've obtained a solar charge controller (item code PS24) manufactured by
Phocos (Germany)...  They have a dealer in Australia too:

Plasmatronics Pty Ltd.
42 Bell Street, Fitzroy,
Victoria, Aus. 3065
Australia

Phone +61(3)9486-9902
Fax +61(3)9486-9903

admin at plasmatronics.com.au
www.plasmatronics.com.au

It's basically a very compact black box with carry strap ``that contains
a charge controller for a solar panel, and a 24Ah battery.  I am testing
with a 36 watt solar panel, but I'm not sure you require such a high
capacity.  The output is 12V, so you just have to build a simple
regulator with an LM317 or something similar.
Attach an access point (DWL-900AP+) as a repeater, and voila, it works!
:D
As I said in the last message, the AP is housed in a PVC pipe and
wrapped in tinfoil...

I'll try and get some pics up on the web soon!

- Akash

PVC