problems with enterasy 802.11DS (David Gibson)

Ben Southwood ben at ausipos.com
Sun Mar 16 23:59:09 EST 2003

> From: David Gibson <david at gibson.dropbear.id.au>
> [snip]
> You're using the old wvlan_cs driver.  Only the newer orinoco driver
> supports the iwpriv setting (although it will use IBSS mode by
> default, anyway).

unfortunately my RH7.3 won't let me compile newer driver, I see that in lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/net/pcmcia
there is wavelan_cswould this be a better driver to use and if so how do i remove wvlan_cs and load wavelan_cs?

I can't compile newer downloaded drivers as I always get unresolved symbol errors..

have tried with orinoco several times to no avail.

Is it possible that even tho I am using wvlan_cs i could somehow have set one of the cards to use ibss? if so how?!

thanks for the reply

Ben
--
Linux - stop email viruses in their tracks!