Urgent >> Aironet 350 pci card on LInux

Jim Carter jimc at math.ucla.edu
Tue Jun 17 16:01:41 EST 2003

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Joel wrote:
> Dear James
> I changed my configuration.
> I m just doing
>
> iwconfig eth2 mode Managed
> iwconfig eth2 essid d2vwireless
>
> thats it.
> it starts working.
> but after atleast 3 hrs it got disconnected from ap
> it is not pinging the ap's ip address.
>
> but after 15 to 20 mins it starts pinging..
> dont know what the case it is..
> has any one experienced this type of problem bfore?

I'm glad to hear that it works for 3 hours :-)  That means the client setup
and access point configurations are correct.  I'm tempted to blame the
access point.  There are rumors on the net that certain brands of AP will
drop out at random intervals and then mysteriously cure themselves.  The
cure was to look on the manufacturer's web site; download and install the
latest firmware version for your AP.

James F. Carter          Voice 310 825 2897    FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet;  6115 MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA, USA 90095-1555
Email: jimc at math.ucla.edu  http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP key)