LMR400 cable buy online?

Lyle Williams lyle.williams at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 13 07:22:02 EST 2003

I agree with the others that rojone provides good service.  I also agree
that heliax may provide lower losses.

When everything is wrapped up, 2.4GHz through 10m of anything is going to be
quite lossy.  Try to mount the radio closer to the antenna, and see if your
proposed antenna position / feedline length is really an optimum.

I have been building a number of antennas for WLAN use, but don't have any
conifers floating around.  Sorry.  If you know anyone going to the Wyong
Amateur Radio Field Day (next month, largest ham radio show in the southern
hemisphere) there are sure to be conifers for sale there.

Trevor Marshall's Biquad would have to get my "most bang for the buck"
award.  Open waveguides ("cantennas") with feedhorns would get my "most
predictable gain" award.  A pringles can full of washers gets the "most
effective dummy load" prize.  Broadwall slotted waveguides get the "sexy
antenna" award.  My own quad helical array takes home the "worst
performance/weight ratio" wooden spoon.  :^)

Just my 2c worth!

Lyle Williams
VK1XLW