DWL-900AP+ External Mounting Environmentals ;-((

Jim Carter jimc at math.ucla.edu
Wed Jan 1 06:49:31 EST 2003

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Grahame Kelly wrote:
> I am currently designing/building a uP controlled Peltier Environment
> (for temp control) and will be converting a 12V line to 5Vdc for the AP
> (with a local LM317K/3A regulator) in the same container so power should
> not be a problem.

Hmm, Peltier coolers are not all that efficient, so you will have the AP
and regulator power plus cooler overhead being put into a big heatsink just
outside your cooled enclosure.  I would worry about heat leaking back
inside, unless the insulation is excellent.  Other solutions recently
discussed seem cheaper, less work, and likely effective.

James F. Carter          Voice 310 825 2897    FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet;  6115 MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA, USA 90095-1555
Email: jimc at math.ucla.edu  http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP key)