Success with Minitar WiFi cards

Paul L Daniels pldaniels at pldaniels.com
Wed Aug 20 14:19:22 EST 2003

> In client mode or hostAP?

Client/Ad-hoc mode currently.  I've got one linux box setup to act as a generic gateway from the wireless world to the
LAN/ADSL/NET.   Haven't worked out yet how to get WEP running - this card seems to reject all iwconfig set requests
(instead it comes with its own X based configuration tool)

> http://www.nodedb.com/australia/qld/townsville/
>
> Seems like a reasonable sized network for a small town

Well, there's about 120,000 people in this city - not /too/ small ;-)

I'm also duly impressed.  Alas, I am probably not in a suitable housing for setting up a omni-wireless (rented unit).

--
Paul L Daniels    http://www.pldaniels.com
Linux/Unix systems    Internet Development