Ad-hoc network

Brad Hubbard brad at congosystems.com
Fri Aug 1 08:11:31 EST 2003

I know this question has been asked before and the information is "out
there" but i have found it hard to find the definitive answer to my
problem. I have two D-Link DWL-650 adapters, one in a PC via a DWL-500
adapter card and the other in the cardbus slot of a laptop. I would like
to set up an Ad-Hoc network between the two.

What is the appropriate driver for these cards?

cardctl ident reports;
Socket 0:
  product info: "D", "Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card", "Version 01.02",
""
  manfid: 0x0156, 0x0002
  function: 6 (network)

What's the minimum I need to do to get the cards to talk to each other?

Many thanks in advance,
Brad