Antennas & Driven Elements

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Tue Apr 1 11:06:08 EST 2003

On Monday, 31 March 2003 at 17:31:43 +0930, Ben Wannan wrote:
> Gday,
>
> Im new to this list and to 802.11b , (have set a few AP's and configures WEP
> , IPSEC (VPN) , etc. )

You appear not to be aware of other efforts in Adelaide.
http://www.air-stream.org/ would be a good place to start.

> I'm looking to setup a point to point 802.11b link over about 10Km's
> , have access to 11 story building in adelaide and a few others.  -
> anyone want to use the roofspace for AP's?

IIRC there were certain legal issues with this sort of thing.  In
addition, the CBD is probably overfull already.  Where are you trying
to get to?

> I have a few ex Galaxy antenna's and understand that i need a 2.4
> Ghz driven element for it , any ideas about making one ?

Luke Schapel is your man.  He tends to walk around with a rebuilt
galaxy antenna under his arm.

Greg
--
Finger grog at lemis.com for PGP public key