wireless.opt options for different reasons

Rob rwideman at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 26 03:58:47 EST 2002

Is there a site or book that describes ALL options for wireless.opt for the
different situations or explains the different options?
The main thing is i am reading the 802.11 Wireless Networks Definitive Guide
and it doesnt explain why we would want Managed over Ad-Hoc.  I would like
to setup my linux box as a firewall (iptables, ipsec...freeswan, etc) and it
doesnt give much info on how to do this...for one reason it doesnt even say
anything about Managed mode for linux....its out of date and it was printed
this year, sheesh.
Any information would be helpful.

The info that i am looking for is the options for:
NWID
MODE
FREQ
CHANNEL
SENS
RATE
KEY
RTS
FRAG
OWCONFIG
IWSPY
IWPRIV
I would like to have all options and the explanation of why they would be
bad or good for a given situation.

Thanks
Rob