creating a new hotspot

Tom Perkins tomp at trperkins.2y.net
Wed Sep 11 15:36:38 EST 2002

The more interesting challenge may be acquiring an ethernet port outside
thefirewall to connect an access point to. Your local lan people will
have to do that, I'd bet.  If you need more than one AP your sysadmin
may won't all those AP connected to a single hub/router (so that he only
need provide one ethernet port outside the firewall, deps on the local
lan though). You'd then configure the access point as if connecting to
DSL or cable modem at a residence (and with everyone using VPN to
connect to your intranet).

Regards,
Tom