creating a new hotspot

Daniel Curry dcurry at cariocas.com
Wed Sep 11 07:47:37 EST 2002

Hello all,

Management has OK'd the use of wireless in our office, IF it is outside the firewall (DUH!) and requires authentication.

So here is what I have:
	A small 486 notebook
	A wired PCMCIA 10/100 Nic
	A 250mW WiFi Nic and small Omni antenna.

What I need is a step by step (1...2...3...) guide and the appropriate software to make this into a WAP.  I understand that there will probably be kernel rebuilds and such, that is why I am asking for a step by step guide, because I don't do kernels all that well.

What else do I need?  The users all have a VPN client on their notebooks for home use, so this is just a logical extension.

Thanks

Daniel Curry
IT Manager
Cariocas
625 Second Street
Suite 201
San Francisco, CA 94107
ph: 415-348-6516
fx: 415-348-6505
cell: 510-579-6680

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z,
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
  - Albert Einstein