Incorrect data from iwconfig

Phillip Davis phil at daviszone.org
Tue Sep 3 08:56:13 EST 2002

Hello, I am using wireless-tools-25-1

when I run iwconfig I get all the right information except in the link
quality, signal level and noise level areas.  I get zeroes.  This is
definitely not the case, as it works! and with previous versions of the
wireless tools and the orinoco_cs module it has given me data there.
what could I have wrong or what could cause this bug/error?

System Info:

Sony Vaio pcg-xg9 500 MHz machine
RedHat linux 7.3
kernel 2.4.18-10
wireless card is a sony vaio wireless card, but its just an orinoco
wavelan w/ a little extra tweaking done in the rom to make it behave w/
sony's proprietary windows drivers.  Nothing that stops it from working
fine in linux.

Cheers

Phil

--