how many clients connect to ap at once?

Demarc (tony) 908-996-7995 tonylist at wwwbiz.com
Fri Nov 8 09:58:44 EST 2002

Darryl

This depends on how the AP was designed, for example Cisco and our 180mW
AP
use higher end processors and can pass traffic for more clients. With
our ReliaWave AP OS that includes MAC layer bandwidth management and can
run on a higher end x86 processor the hard limit is 2048 MACs. For
indoor use 200-300 clients is not out of the question, for outdoors
about 128 would be the max I would want to do.

Sincerely
Tony Morella
Demarc Technology Group
Office: 908-996-7995