Compaq WL200 on Smoothwall (this time in plain text)

Craig Sanders cas at vicnet.net.au
Wed Nov 6 10:26:24 EST 2002

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 07:02:59PM +0000, Ian Castle wrote:
> I am sucessfully using a number of WL200 cards, one of them as an Access
> Point. The WL200 is based on the intersil prism2 chipset.
>
> There are a number of drivers that you can use:
>
> 1) orinoco_cs
> 2) Samsung (the WL200 is a rebadged Samsung product) sw11dpc_cs driver
> 3) The linux-wlan-ng prism2_cs driver.
> [...]
> I'm very pleased with it really. And it is all open source/free software
> (the samsung stuff is binary only - but you don't want to use that!).

i'm a bit confused. do the samsung cards work with the prism2_cs driver
too?

the compaq WL200 cards are hard to find, but the samsung SWL-2100P is
still in production AFAIK.

(i'm about ready to settle for a dlink 520 card because i can get them
easily, but if i can find one of the higher power compaq or samsung
cards, i'd prefer to get that)

craig

--
Craig Sanders