Bridgeing with orinoco modules

Vic Berdin sndbeat at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 13:33:54 EST 2002

Hello everyone,

I've tried bridgeing my Orinoco silver card (using
orinoco mods from pcmcia-cs-3.1.33) and a realtek pci
card (rtl8139.o) and the bridge (brg0) went up without
any hassle. But my problem is that, the wireless
device can't seem to perform its task. I'm also
broadcasting DHCP service over the bridge, and only
the rtl device was able to supply settings into its
clients. My wireless peer-to-peer client (a windows
machine) is ABLE to see that another adhoc device is
running, but is not able to grab DHCP settings from
from the wireless bridge.
I've tried this setup using my Intersil card
(hostap_cs.o & this time the wireless device is an AP
bridged along with the pci eth) and everything works
fine. My wireless windows machine is able to grab DHCP
settings.
But without the bridge on first setup, everything
works fine.
Has anyone experienced this and came up with a
solution? Please advise.

TIA - VIC