orinoco.c patch for Intel PRO/Wireless 2011

Jeffrey Phillips jeffrey.phillips at staffeon.com
Thu May 30 11:12:41 EST 2002

Hi Pavel,

> Thanks for your patch.  I don't have a card of this type, so I cannot test
> it, but it looks good.

I'd take credit, but about the same code was in orinoco.c until it
disappeared in version 0.09.  I've just been adding it back in for
my own use, but getting emails from others about the problem.  So
I decided I'd post it for others.

> The only thing I don't understand is why you set hw->inten to 0 and who
> is supposed to restore it.

See above.  I believe it was maybe "borrowed" straight from pcmcia-cs
spectrum24t driver, who have access to the Symbol "Non-Disclosure"
firmware/hardware information. The maintainer of
http://sf.net/projects/spectrum24 would probably be a good place to
find that information.

> The work is underway on the orinoco driver to make it possible to reset
> the card really hard from any state, so that it will forget about previous
> hermes_reset().
>
> Developers of the orinoco driver are aware of the problem.

Super!  No more patching, I'm lazy you know. ;)

Since you don't have a card of this type, I can test any new reset code
with my cards and report back.

-Jeffrey