getting link information with iwspy

Daniel Starin ds708 at columbia.edu
Wed May 29 08:02:18 EST 2002

Hi all,

            I am trying to get link information using iwspy.  The
hardware I am using is two stand alone laptops with Orinoco cards.  The
problem I am having is that once I add the hardware address to the spy
list from one of the laptops, no packets are transferred between the two
laptops and thus 0’s show up for the link information.  The
documentation for iwspy suggests using ping to remedy this but since I
only have hardware addresses and not ip addresses, this does not seem to
solve my problem.

Thanks,

Dan