Help on using orinoco-0.11b modules

Vic Berdin sndbeat at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 23:56:41 EST 2002

uh, btw, I forgot to mention that prior to loading of
orinoco_cs.o, orinoco.o should also be loaded first.
Hence, I did just that: "modprobe orinoco"
And the results are:
/lib/modules/preferred/pcmcia/orinoco.o: unresolved
symbol alloc_etherdev
/lib/modules/preferred/pcmcia/orinoco.o: unresolved
symbol cpu_raise_softirq
/lib/modules/preferred/pcmcia/orinoco.o: unresolved
symbol softnet_data
/lib/modules/preferred/pcmcia/orinoco.o: unresolved
symbol irq_stat
/lib/modules/preferred/pcmcia/orinoco.o: unresolved
symbol do_softirq
/lib/modules/preferred/pcmcia/orinoco.o: insmod
/lib/modules/preferred/pcmcia/orinoco.o failed
/lib/modules/preferred/pcmcia/orinoco.o: insmod
orinoco failed

Above results clearly shows that my kernel lacks some
config flags/parameters that must be activated. I will
try to recheck my kernel config settings and rebuild
my kernel. Hopefully this works.

Thanks anyway - VIC