Help on using orinoco-0.11b modules

Vic Berdin sndbeat at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 22:49:03 EST 2002

Hello everyone,

I've managed to compile (without any errors) the
latest orinoco-0.11b on my Linux 2.2.19 environment,
but my problem is that I can't use the built modules
due to some kernel flag/parameters that are not set on
my kernel. Upon manual insmod on orinoco_cs, I get
these errors:

Using /lib/modules/preferred/pcmcia/orinoco_cs.o
insmod: unresolved symbol __netdev_watchdog_up
insmod: unresolved symbol orinoco_shutdown
insmod: unresolved symbol orinoco_reset
insmod: unresolved symbol cpu_raise_softirq
insmod: unresolved symbol orinoco_proc_dev_cleanup
insmod: unresolved symbol alloc_orinocodev
insmod: unresolved symbol orinoco_interrupt
insmod: unresolved symbol orinoco_proc_dev_init
insmod: unresolved symbol softnet_data

hermes.conf is in my /etc/pcmcia path, and hermes.o is
already running along with my old pcmcia-cs-3.1.33
modules (ds, i82365, and pcmcia_core). Is there any
kernel patch I can/should apply to my source tree so
that I can properly set my kernel config? Or do I need
other modules along with these new ones?
For stability reasons, I really need to upgrade my
orinoco modules.
Thanks very much in advance!

Best Regards, VIC