Airport aerials

Steven Hanley sjh at wibble.net
Fri May 24 13:33:23 EST 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 12:51:36PM +0930, Jamie Lovick wrote:
> On Fri, 24 May 2002, Karl Schaffarczyk wrote:
> >
> > Please excuse my ignorance of such matters:
> >
> > does anyone know of a sensible way to attach an aerial to an Apple
> > airport?
>
> I am not 100% sure with the Airport 2 basestation, but with the original
> Airport basestation, it's just a matter of cracking it open and
> attaching a suitable tail to the Orinoco card inside.
>
> You can ether cut through the casing, or run the tail out of one of the
> holes in the bottom (well, feed it into there first).
>
> Speaking of Airport's, had anyone heard that if you add an older
> enterasys/cabletron/orinoco 40 bit card into the Airport 2 Basestation's
> PC Card slot, it can do a flash upgrade to give them 128 bit WEP?

the card in the airport and airport 2 are apple airport cards, so they look
like pcmcia cards but are subtly different, thus I would be surprised if a
normal pcmcia card works in the airport.

       See You
           Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view