Airport aerials

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Fri May 24 13:21:36 EST 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Karl Schaffarczyk wrote:

> Please excuse my ignorance of such matters:
>
> does anyone know of a sensible way to attach an aerial to an Apple
> airport?

I am not 100% sure with the Airport 2 basestation, but with the original
Airport basestation, it's just a matter of cracking it open and
attaching a suitable tail to the Orinoco card inside.

You can ether cut through the casing, or run the tail out of one of the
holes in the bottom (well, feed it into there first).

Speaking of Airport's, had anyone heard that if you add an older
enterasys/cabletron/orinoco 40 bit card into the Airport 2 Basestation's
PC Card slot, it can do a flash upgrade to give them 128 bit WEP?

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----