Orinoco PCMCIA card giving TX errors

katre katre at plover.net
Wed May 22 11:26:08 EST 2002

Hello all,

Recently I puchased an Orinoco Gold PCMCIA card for my Thinkpad.  I'm
running Debian unstable, with linux kernel 2.4.18.  I have the latest
pcmcia-cs package, as well.

After compiling the right kernel package, I now have the laptop
recognizing the card.  However, as soon as I insert it, I start getting
a slew of errors from the kernel, like this:

kernel: eth0: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01E2)
kernel: eth0: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01CE)
kernel: eth0: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01BA)
kernel: eth0: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01A6)
kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
kernel: eth0: Tx timeout! Resetting card.

Which repeats a few times, and then quits.  I'm not able to see my
Orinoco RG-1000 gateway (which I can't configure because I can't see it
with my card, but I suspect that will resolve itself).  I have done a
few web searched to see if anyone else has reported this, but haven't
found anything.

If anyone has any clues about what i should be doing differently, either
in kernel configuration, pcmcia setup, or what, I would be greatly
appreciative.  Thanks all!

katre

katre at plover.net