ultimate site for antenna

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed May 22 08:51:37 EST 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 11:22:37AM +1000, Adam Pointon wrote:

> This is the ultimate site for antenna design and documentation:
>
> Green Bay Professional Packet Radio
> http://www.qsl.net/n9zia/

I found this article very interesting.
But it was concerned essentially with long-range directional antennae.

I wonder if anyone could advise me how I can increase the range
of my home Proxim network,
based on an ISA card, a PCI card and a PCMCIA card.
Is it possible to use a bigger antenna than that supplied
with the PCI and ISA cards?
Or is there any other way of increasing the power?

Alternatively, can one use a much longer cable
to connect card and antenna?
And if so, where can one obtain such cables?

I'm more than satisfied with my Proxim network
(which I bought for a song on Ebay)
but the signal can only just get through a very thick -- 14 inch -- wall
and a ceiling;
the addition of two more partition walls stops communication.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
tel: 086-233 6090