National IP allocation and routing scheme??

JD jolly_jim at softhome.net
Tue May 21 22:34:13 EST 2002

I have thought this over myself, while being a passive member of this list
for the past year or so, and I would have to whole heartedly agree with you
Craig, as this would be a rather depressing state if whole networks had to
be re-organised, once / if a national network is established.

If I could suggest something, as to a logical start ... I assume that using
the post codes for an area would be a good way to start

eg. for my postcode of 2232 a IP of 10.223.x.x ... but I'm not sure what has
been proposed by others, but I'm just sure that using the postcode somehow
in the network address, would be the most logical way (to me).

that's my 2.2c worth (plus a bit more for your tip)
JD