Community Wireless Client

Joe Macker macker at itd.nrl.navy.mil
Fri May 17 02:25:59 EST 2002

Jamie:

Potentially relating to your question, with some other colleagues I am toying with compiling an rpm distribution (really just a set of scripts, source code, and binaries) that should ease the configuration of clients and gateways for mobile ad hoc (manet) wireless stub networks.  This would include dynamic wireless routing capability between all nodes (initially a single Internet gateway supporting a multi-hop stub wireless area).  We would have a NAT gateway or advertisable address space configuration, optional multi-hop DHCP function (for IPv4) or static client address configuration. We would be interested in anyone willing to help with such a package or perhaps integrating some of the experimental wireless routing work,etc into a small, bootable dist.

Regards,
-joe