SMC 2632 (PLX) Ad-hoc mode fails

Thomas Leineweber thomas at ufc.uni-dortmund.de
Thu May 16 00:31:55 EST 2002

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 01:34:47AM +1000, Jason Hecker wrote:
> I am having the exact sam troubles with a PLX card as you with a Roamabout
> Orinoco compatible device.

[snip]

> It doesn't look like the card is behaving... nothing received or
> transmitted.  I am using v.11a of the linux driver.

It seems, we have the same problem. As the second computer is not
directly accessible for me, I had no chance to test it up to now

> Did you have any luck getting your cards to behave?

no, but I think we should together try to get them working. Did you
try a debug-build? Do you get the messages concerning the link-status
(events f200)? I think in the linux-wlan-ng-driver is an implementation
which decodes these messages. Perhaps we should try to port it to
the orinoco-driver.

yours,
Thomas
--
Thomas Leineweber
Q: Why is Batman better than Bill Gates?