IWLIST and Aironet 350 drivers

Jean Tourrilhes jt at bougret.hpl.hp.com
Tue May 14 02:54:50 EST 2002

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 03:08:29AM +0000, james tan wrote:
> Hi, thanks for your reply.
>
> I have successfully upgraded the kernel to support wireless extension 14,
> and also patched aironet and orinoco drivers with the wireless scanning
> capabilities. A few clarifications:
> a) Orinoco driver: "iwlist eth0 scanning" displays all neigboring ap with
> all the neccessary figures, but if i use iwconfig eth0, the Quality and
> Signal level of the current ap does not match.

	I never checked carefully those figures. Maybe the firware is
doing strange things on us. Or maybe we have a wrong formula to
convert to dBm.
	If I were you, I would ask Lucent/Agere for the final word on
this. You may also investigate this with David and Pavel.

> b) Aironet driver: "iwlist eth0 scanning" displays all neigboring ap but
> always with "Quality:0/10  Signal level:-10 dBm  Noise level:-256"

	When I tried, it was working. Again a driver problem, please
debug it and check with Javier.

> c) i tried using iwevent, but it just hang there doing nothing, what is this
> program for ?

	Eject the card and re-insert it while running iwevent, and
you'll see.

> Thanks

	Have fun...

	Jean