Zaurus & Symbol

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Fri May 10 00:59:25 EST 2002

Hi, Christophe!

> I have a Zaurus SL-5000 and a Symbol Spectrum24 compact flash wireless
> adapter.
> I tried to install the driver for the Symbol Spectrum24 compact flash card
> just as you explain it in the README file.

What version are you using?

> I first copied spectrum_cs.o in
> /lib/modules/2.4.6-rmk1-np2-embedix/kernel/drivers/net
> I updated the content of /etc/pcmcia/config with spectrum.conf
> Then I tried "/sbin/cardctl ident 0", the result was
>     	product info: "Symbol", "Spectrum24 LA4100 Series WLAN PC Card", "1.00"
>     	manfid: 0x26c, 0x0001

This should work.

> I tried "/sbin/depmod", result:
> 	depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
> /lib/modules/2.4.6-rmk1-np2-embedix/kernel/drivers/net/spectrum_cs.o

Use "depmod -ae" to see what symbols are unresolved.

If it's memchr(), update to the latest version of the Spectrum driver,
which is currently 0.3.1.

> - spectrum_cs v.0.2.4 by Pavel Roskin <proski at gnu.org>

That's interesting - memchr() was fixed earlier.  So which symbols are
unresolved?

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin