Just starting

John Morrison jmorrison at ahc.net.au
Sat May 4 20:28:17 EST 2002

Hi all
	I'm just starting into radio and I'd like some advice from those
that have been there and done it all. :-)

	Anyway what we were looking at was sharing internet access with
each other (Yeah I know about the grey area in the law) using some good
cards then sharing the network with other friends in the neighbourhood
that can access our 2 sites.

So what we've worked out so far........... (Don't laugh if we've got it
all wrong)
	We've decided to run every thing in ad-hoc mode.
		This is so we can communicate to each other and to the
client machines.
		Unless I've got it wrong APs can't communicate with each
other AND with clients. Am I right!

The Equipment we're looking at so far is a DWL-120 (it's a USB adaptor
that will be used for the client machines).

We were going to us the DWL-520s for the 2 main nodes BUT we've since
found they don't' work well in Ad-hoc mode. :-(
The 2 main links will be Linux machines, I've got a few old 486s so they
should do FINE!!!

So any suggestions or corrections?
As you can see I don't' know much at all. :-(

A BIG THANKS
John Morrison