D-Link DWL-650 and 3com 3CRWE747A

Jamin W.Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Thu Mar 14 14:30:19 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:50:24 -0800
"Jean Tourrilhes" <jt at bougret.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> JaminW.Collins wrote :
> > Upgraded the access point firmware to v2.0 for the preamble option.
> > It's disabled by default on the access point I have, no way for it to
> > be enabled.  Still getting the same errors when trying to use the
> > DWL-650 with it.
>
> 	Hum... It seems more involved than I thought.
> 	First, disable WEP.

Haven't been using WEP.

> 	Second, upgrade firmware on the card.

I believe the firmware of the DWL-650 is already upgraded.  I know I have
upgraded the firmware of the card since purchase, but I will verify this
is still the most current firmware for the card tomorrow.

> 	Third, try the various Linux drivers.

Which versions would you suggest?  The card and drivers do work in my
laptop with the DWL-1000AP without a problem.

Once again, thank you for your assistance.

Jamin W. Collins