D-Link DWL-650 and 3com 3CRWE747A

Jamin W.Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Thu Mar 14 06:23:31 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:18:51 -0800
"Jean Tourrilhes" <jt at bougret.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> 	Did you read the release notes of the Orinoco driver ? I guess
> not. So, disable short preamble in the AP.

Are you talking about the short one line entry:

"The Orinoco cards don't support short preamble, so you need to disable it
in your Access Point."

Yea, that would have been my first guess!  Get real.  There is nothing in
that portion of the Release Notes that indicates to me that this is my
problem.  If my unfamilarity upsets you, I'm sorry.

I've looked through the configuration for the 3com access point, and I see
no option to disable the "short preamble".  I must be overlooking
something.

I appreciate all the work that you and the other developers have done to
make these wireless cards work.

Jamin W. Collins