Problem with monitor mode using Compaq WL110

ThE MaDj0kEr mad at j0ker.net
Tue Mar 12 23:38:03 EST 2002

Hi all!

I've got a Compaq WL110 PCMCIA card. Netstumbler reports firmware version as
4.0x, and drivers version as 7.5x (I don't remember those numbers right
now).

WL110 is just an Orinoco Gold card, and my problem is I can't make the card
works in monitor mode under linux, using orinoco_cs 0.09b and patch from
http://airsnort.shmoo.com/OrinocoPatch.html (nor using orinoco_cs 0.10). I'm
also using latest linux-wlan-ng package. With all of this, the card works
fine, but monitor mode doesn't work.

Also, firmware utilities from http://www.orinocowireless.com doesn't work
for my card, so I can't try upgrading firmware.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

The MaDj0kEr [KpK]