Complete Zaurus support for the Symbol/Socket WLAN card

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Jun 29 13:53:50 EST 2002

[This is an email copy of a Usenet post to "isaac.lists.zaurus-general"]

Thanks to all those who provided hints and help, I now have a complete
set of packages and instructions for getting your Symbol/Socket CF
WLAN card to work with your Sharp Zaurus.  There are tools for:

- Managed mode
- Ad-hoc mode
- WEP
- RF Monitor mode (kismet)

[You'll need to have a kernel that supports Wireless Extensions to handle
the last three, but I've got both instructions for building it yourself,
and a pre-compiled version for a stock SL-5500.]

The packages are at http://www.cypherpunks.ca/zaurus/.  Comments welcome.

   - Ian