Wanted: 2x wireless network card

Vic Berdin sndbeat at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 13:38:26 EST 2002

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:16:34 +1000
> From: David Gibson <david at gibson.dropbear.id.au>
> To: wireless at lists.samba.org
> Subject: Re: Wanted: 2x wireless network card.
>
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 08:20:02AM +1000, Mannix,
> Grant wrote:
> > DWL 520
> > D-Link DWL-650H
> > D-Link DWL-650
> >
> > I'm after 2 wireless network cards,I'm just not
> 100% sure what type I'm after. Needs to have the
> anntenna thing.
> > I've been told to look out for the prism chipset??
>

> Hardly a need to look.  Essentially all 802.11b
> cards are based on the
> Prism2 chipset.  There are several different
> firmwares though, which
> make them behave quite differently.  I can't really
> make a
> recommendation though.
>
> --
> David Gibson			| For every complex

Hello Everyone,

I'm also trying to sort out which wireless card is
best for current orinoco and hostap drivers (reason
why I'm after Prism based ones). I also found sites
showing step-by-step instructions if you wish to add
an external antenna to the DWL650:

http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/DlinkCardComments
http://c0rtex.com/~will/antenna/

As claimed by others on the list, DWL650H works great
with the orinoco driver. I'd like to know if anyone is
using this card with the current hostap
driver(Prism2-2002-05-19 release) with great success.

TIA - Vic