Socket CF driver, the Zaurus, and monitor mode

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Jun 22 04:26:46 EST 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:30:05 -0400, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> - I try replacing the {orinoco,hermes}.{c,h} files in the spectrum24
>   distribution with what you get by patching a clean 0.11b with this:
>   http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/ori.11b.we14.mos.diff
>
>   (The plan is to use the WE14 Scanning mechanism.) Also no go.  Any
>   reference to eth0 sticks a process in D state.  (I think that was the
>   problem.)

Upon reflection, that was the symptom of a different problem entirely
(I had initially forgotten to install the modules built in the kernel
rebuild, and the old usbd modules were causing a hang on references
to usb0, not eth0.  Sorry.)  The actual symptom was that the modules
would load, but eth0 wouldn't come into being.  Doing a
"modprobe -r spectrum_cs" followed by a "modprobe spectrum_cs" caused
a segfault in modprobe (but the module would load, oddly).

Sorry more the misreporting.  :-(

   - Ian