AP Scanning detection

Paul Gonin paul-ml at gonin.net
Sat Jun 22 00:15:14 EST 2002

Thanks for your answers.
I actually know about AP scanning (I have the wireless tolls v24 working
now and I can `iwlist eth0 scanning` without a problem to scan for AP
and ad hoc cells.

What I actually wanted to konw was if I was 'invisible' while doing AP
scanning or if it was imaginable (even if there is no known
implementation yet) to detect a wireless node doing AP scanning on your
network.
Then I could put a 'laser beam' weapon that blasts everyone scanning my
network ;-)

Thanks
Paul