Orinoco 0.11b and WE14

Paul Gonin paul-ml at gonin.net
Wed Jun 19 10:59:59 EST 2002

Paul Gonin wrote:
> Ok... I understood what I got wrong.
> The ori.11b.we14.mos.diff is a patch that embeds PhaseI+II but only for
> the orinoco driver... It is still necessary to apply the iw_handler.xx
> patches. I misunderstood that part actually.
>

> Anyway, that let me go further. I now managed to compile the orinoco
> driver with the WE14 patches (I actually managed to do it for ori.0.9b
> and ori.0.11b) but when I installed it on the iPaq I get a depmod error.
> I think that one of the added files (net/core/wireless.c) is not
> intended to be a module and that means that I need to compile a new
> kernel that links against that piece of code, am I right ?

Well, I got that one right, actually. A new kernel was needed as
wireless.o is linked against the kernel image.

It now works very well.
I have an orinoco 0.11b driver with support with the wireless extension
14 installed on my iPaq running linux 2.4.18
I also have the wireless tools 24 installed and working also quite well.

AP scanning works great ! That's a very good job !

Thanks
Paul