Help: eth1: IRQ handler is looping too much! Shutting down

Joseph R. Skoler joseph at compuhelp.com
Mon Jun 17 12:46:56 EST 2002

David Gison writes:

> > When I issue "iwpriv eth1 monitor 1 1" dmesg appends:
> >
> > eth1: IRQ handler is looping too much! Shutting down.
>
> This means the driver is receiving way more interrupts than it could
> reasonably expect.  It's basically a sanity test so that if something
> goes wrong and the interrupt line is never deasserted, the whole
> machine doesn't lock up inside the interrupt routine.

Makes sense.

> > Does the group think this looks like an IRQ conflict?  If
> not, what then?
>
> It's possible - but the driver can share interrupts so to cause this
> problem it would mean the other device is generating heaps of
> interrupts.  Probably more likely is some misconfiguration of the
> PCI<->PCMCIA bridge so that it always asserting the interrupt line.

Physical misconfiguration -- i.e., dip switch/jumper setting?

If not, where is the config stuff for the TI1410?

Thanks,

Joseph R. Skoler
joseph at compuhelp.com <mailto:joseph at compuhelp.com>
CompuHelp Technologies, Inc.
Computer Consulting, Network Solutions, Integration, Support
11 Lispenard Street   New York, NY  10013  212-995-2955
http://www.compuhelp.com