problems with Orinoco Silver on a Dell X200 with RedHat 7.3.

Terje Kvernes terjekv at math.uio.no
Sun Jun 16 01:22:38 EST 2002

David Gibson <david at gibson.dropbear.id.au> writes:

> Sounds like a CONFIG_MODVERSIONS problem.  Check the FAQ in
> README.orinoco.

  thanks, my apologies for not finding that one.  it didn't come with
  the pcmcia-cs-package, but google directed me to your pages, which I
  probably *cough* should have checked first thing.

  anyhow, now the card comes up, and there are no errors.  the
  basestation (Orinoco AP500) WLAN-led blinks as I bring up eth1 and
  ask for a DHCP-addresses, but the basestation doesn't forward the
  packet to the DHCP-server, or reply anything to the card.

  manually setting the ip-address and the routing information just
  leads to packets being lost somewhere between the card and the
  basestation.  I'm guessing there is something wrong with the
  configuration of either the basestation or the card, but at least
  that should now be debuggable.  I've tried the easy things, wep
  on/off, resetting keys and access-lists, but still, thanks a lot,
  now the card works as it should.

--
Terje