Orinoco FW version

Simon Thompson simon.thompson at videologic.com
Wed Jun 12 21:57:39 EST 2002

>From: Timothy Murphy [mailto:tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie]
>
>On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 12:08:55PM +0100, Simon Thompson wrote:
>
>> then either restart cardmgr or pullout and reinsert the card. The
firmware
>> version should be in there with all the other config info.
>
>What exactly does "restart cardmgr" mean?
>Under RedHat (at least) one can say "service pcmcia restart".

Yes that would do it. I don't use redhat but I assume that command controls
the init scripts.
Something like "/etc/rc.d/pcmcia restart" or wherever it is exactly that
redhat keeps the init scripts.

Recent SuSE versions have symbolic links to /etc/rc.d so "rcpcmcia restart"
would do the same.
>Incidentally, is there any way of updating the firmware on Orinoco cards?

Yes the orinoco website has windows only apps to update the firmware.

Simon.