Wireless Broadband Router / Switch selection

Stephen Liu satimis at writeme.com
Wed Jun 12 20:55:51 EST 2002

Hi All Guys,

I just join this mailing list

Linux OS
=======

I have no previous experience on Wireless LAN and only a limited experience
on LAN

I am going to explore a small scale lab test on Wireless LAN and expect to
have a collective advice/suggestion on selecting a suitable Wireless
Broadband Router / Switch.  My requirements are as a follows;

1   Terminal Server with 2 NICs, one for broadband at 10 MB and another for
client
2.  Clients - 4 workstations 110/100 MB at a distance of about 12-18 feets
(4-6 meters), walking distance and some behind concrete wall

Expected spec of the Wireless Broadband Router / Switch

-  4 10/100 switched ports
-  1-10 mbit uplink/cable modem/DSL connection
-  1 parallel print server port, LPD compatible
-   NAT firewall (configurable)
-   DHCP Server (Configurable, including OFF), Extensive configurability
options on I/O port, accessibility, etc, packet filtering, virtual server,
DMZ host addressing, remote administration configs, wake on lan, clone mac
address (to "trick" cable modems into thinking there is only one IP
connected, when the back side of the router has multiple clients attached)
-   Bandwidth management

Apart from the standard accessories included in the device (Wireless
Broadband Router / Switch) what other accessories are needed for the
workstations ???

 From Internet search I found following ;

Eusso  GL2411-AR

11Mbps Multifunctional Wireless Broadband SOHO Router

http://www.eusso.com/product1/product.htm

Kindly advice whether it caters my need.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu