Piercing a mountain? Help!

Eqeeu eqeeu at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 20:30:37 EST 2002

Hi

I want to setup a 802.11b link between my house and a
friends, the only problem is that there is a large
mountain (I think its Ainslie mountain) smack in the
middle of our two houses and its impossible to get
line of site.

Is this a problem?

Would we have to go around or over the mountain with
an extra repeater WAP somewhere, or is it possible to
use two high gain 24dBi+ directional antenna and
"pierce" straight through the centre of the mountain?

Thanks

=====
Eqeeu Amoebus,
Technology Enthusiast,