Trying multiple essids and crypto keys

jeremiah johnson jjohnson at psg.com
Mon Jun 3 07:46:56 EST 2002

so write a perl script or shell script to do the detecting for you...

in perl:

  use Net::Ping;

  $host = "10.0.0.1";
  $p = Net::Ping->new();

  if ($p->ping($host)) {
    # ping was successful, do nothing.
  } else {
    # ping wasn't successful, edit file, HUP the driver
  }

  $p->close();

if you don't know perl this won't help you much, but it'd be a good idea to
learn.  there are a great many things that will stop being a "drag" if you
learn perl or shell scripting.  its part of knowing how to administrate a
system.

if you don't want to do it this way, you'll have to rewrite the code in the
driver to try multiple keys.

jeremiah();